Viscoelastic Materials: Keralon™ – Viscogel™ - KeraBlue™
We feature Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid or HA) in new 1cc and 2cc aliquots. Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) is available in 1.5 cc syringes. These ample portions, combined with the fact that these are top quality viscoelastic agents being used routinely for both human and veterinary ophthalmology surgical applications (hundreds of thousands per year), will surely benefit the veterinary ophthalmologist with an appropriate safety profile.
We also feature KeraBlue™, a trypan blue formulation that can be used as an adjunct to cataract extraction by staining the anterior capsule prior to capsulorhexis. This can be very useful in the critical visualization of this all-important aspect of phacoemulsification surgery.
Key to understanding the value of the polymers is the water content (DK) ratio which determines the oxygen permeability and drug delivery capability of the polymer. The higher the number, the better the therapeutic aspect attributable to the lens. Our 74% material is the only FDA approved material for implantation in humans available to the market today. These materials constitute the major difference between our lenses and those of the competition.
Visco in Action Tips for using viscoelastic throughout your procedure.
- Facilitate Capsulorhexis: Visco deepens the anterior chamber for capsulorhexis and reduces stress on the capsule and zonules.
- Aid Phaco Tip Insertion: Insert visco under the incisional lip to aid in insertion of the phaco tip at the start of the phaco procedure
- Protect During Phaco: Insert visco into the center of the anterior chamber during the phaco procedure to separate pieces and keep the cataractous lens in the iris plane.
- Fill the Bag: Enlarge and expand the capsular bag for controlled intraocular lens implantation
- IOL Insertion: Visco can be used to control the intraocular lens during implantation.
- Remove Visco: Completely remove the viscoelastic after implantation of the lens.
|Solutions||KeraBlue, 1cc Syringe (0.2% Trypan blue in physiological saline)|
|Solutions||KeraBlue, 1cc Syringe (0.3% Trypan blue in physiological saline)|
|Viscoelastics||Keralon V+, Sodium Hyaluronate, 1cc|
|Viscoelastics||Viscogel, 2% HPMC (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)-Sterile Syringe|
|Viscoelastics||Keralon V++, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2cc|